Dr. Black is actively involved in and passionate about clinical research. Our team’s goal is to use scientific principles to answer important questions that will improve the care of our current and future patients. Dr. Black has presented her research at various local, regional, and national scientific meetings. Below is a list of publications she has authored.
- Biomechanical Analysis of Retrograde Flexible Intramedullary Nail Constructs in a Simulated Pediatric Femur Fracture Model.
Bland DC, Black SR, Pierce WA, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI. J Pediatr Orthop. 2019 Jan;39(1):22-27
- Complications After Pelvic Arteriography in Patients With Pelvic Ring Disruptions.
Wiley M, Black SR, Martin C, Barnwell J, Starr A, Sathy A. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2018 Nov 1;26(21):765-772.
- Distal Femoral Valgus and Recurrent Traumatic Patellar Instability: Is an Isolated Varus Producing Distal Femoral Osteotomy a Treatment Option?
Wilson PL, Black SR, Ellis HB, Podeszwa DA. J Pediatr Orthop. 2018 Mar;38(3):e162-e167.
- Two Techniques for Retrograde Flexible Intramedullary Fixation of Pediatric Femur Fractures: All-Lateral Entry Versus Medial and Lateral Entry Point.
Cage JM, Black SR, Wimberly RL, Cook JB, Gheen WT, Jo C, Riccio AI. J Pediatr Orthop. 2017 Jul/Aug;37(5):299-304.
- Flexible Intramedullary Nails for Femur Fractures in Pediatric Patients Heavier Than 100 Pounds.
Shaha J, Cage JM, Black SR, Wimberly RL, Shaha SH, Riccio AI. J Pediatr Orthop. 2018 Feb;38(2):88-93.
- Redefining Optimal Nail to Medullary Canal Diameter Ratio in Stainless Steel Flexible Intramedullary Nailing of Pediatric Femur Fractures.
Shaha JS, Cage JM, Black SR, Wimberly RL, Shaha SH, Riccio AI. J Pediatr Orthop. 2017 Oct/Nov;37(7):e398-e402.
- Toward a More Robust Prediction of Pulmonary Embolism in Trauma Patients: A Risk Assessment Model Based on 38,000 Patients.
Black SR, Howard JT, Chin PC, Starr AJ. J Orthop Trauma. 2016 Apr;30(4):200-7.
- Lack of Acute Hand Care in the Southwest United States.
Brown TS, Hinojosa LS, Cline KE, Black SR, Jamieson MD, Starr AJ. J Orthop Trauma. 2016 Apr;30(4):e129-31
- Improved Survival After Pelvic Fracture: 13-Year Experience at a Single Trauma Center Using a Multidisciplinary Institutional Protocol.
Black SR, Sathy AK, Jo C, Wiley MR, Minei JP, Starr AJ. J Orthop Trauma. 2016 Jan;30(1):22-8.
- Lengthening in Congenital Femoral Deficiency: A Comparison of Circular External Fixation and a Motorized Intramedullary Nail.
Black SR, Kwon MS, Cherkashin AM, Samchukov ML, Birch JG, Jo CH. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Sep 2;97(17):1432-40.